How to Reset Your Password
Unless you frequently make changes to your phone system, you probably don't log on to the Vocalocity User Portal too often. In fact, if you only log on once or twice a year, you might have forgotten your password. The good news is that resetting your password is easy and you can do it all by yourself in just a few minutes.
Are you an administrator who needs to change the password for your employees? Check out our full Support post on how to reset passwords with the Admin Portal.
How to Reset Your Vocalocity Password (End-Users)
- Go to the User Portal at http://my.vonagebusiness.com
- Click "Forgot your password?"
- Enter your Vocalocity username and click "Submit"
- Then, answer your secret question
- If you don't remember the answer you will have to ask the Vocalocity administrator at your office to reset the password for you
- After successfully answering your secret question, our system will generate a temporary password and email it to you
- Then, just log in to the User Portal with your temporary password and change it to something (and secure!) that you'll remember
Looking for information on how to change your temporary password? View our Support entry on passwords for more details
Tips on Password Security
- Don't reuse a password that you use for other accounts
- Try to use a combination of letters and numbers between 8-12 characters
- Avoid using simple words that you would find in a dictionary - certainly don't use the word "password"
- Try not to use a combination of words or letters that are personally identifying, like your address or birthday (i.e., mainstreet0570) but be sure to choose something that you'll remember
- DO create a complex, misspelled sentence with a combination of numbers, characters and letters (i.e., if you only think you'll remember your street and birthday, try to make it more secure, like: [email protected]?70)
- Try using an online password checker like Microsoft's to check if your password is strong
- And if you want to be REALLY secure, set a reminder on your calendar to change your password every few months